Khaman Gujarati Recipe …
- 200gm Gram Flour
- 50gm Semolina / Rice Flour Fine
- 50gm Black Lentil Flour
- 2 Cup Butter Milk
- Salt as per Taste
- 1 Spoon Green Chilies Paste
- 1 Spoon Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Spoon Turmeric Powder
- 3 Spoon Oil
- 1 Spoon Soda Bi-Carb or ENO
- Squeeze Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Spoon Black Mustard Seeds
- 10-12 Coriander Leaves
- 2-3- Green Chili (Fried)
- Mix Gram Flour, Semolina, Black Lentil Flour and Butter Milk in a bowl and stir it well.
- Make as smooth as possible.
- Mixture should be consistent and thick.
- Add Salt and keep in dry place for about 4 hours.
- Add Ginger - Green Chili Paste, Turmeric Powder into mixture and mix well.
- Prepare pressure cooker on gas stove.
- Grease the backing plate with some Oil.
- Take a small bowl and add 1 spoon Soda Bi-Card or ENO, Lemon Juice and 1 spoon Oil and mix them well.
- Add this in to prepared mixture.
- Pour final mixture over greased plate and cook for 10-12 minutes in cooker.
- Cool for about 10 minutes and cut into cubes.
- For seasoning heat 2 spoons Oil in small fry pan.
- Add Black Mustard Seeds.
- Spread seasoning over Khaman.
- Garnish the Khaman with Coriander and Fried Green Chili.
Serve with Chutney.