Magaj or Magdal Gujarati Recipe …
- 500gm Mung Been Flour (Fine) for Magdal / Besan for Magaj
- 250gm Sugar
- 50gm Khoya
- 10 Almonds Scrapped
- 10 Pistachios Scrapped
- 2 Spoon Green Cardamom Powder
- 250gm Ghee
- Mix Mung Been Flour or Besan with 125gm Ghee, Mix them well.
- Heat remaining Ghee in pan, with slow flame of gas stove.
- Pour sifted Mung Been Flour in to heating Ghee, keep stirring.
- Add Khoya in heating mixture, stir continuously at low flame.
- Add Sugar, Scrapped Almonds and Pistachios, Green Cardamom Powder into it.
- Stir continuously and heat it till the mixture turn golden brown in color
- Turn of gas stove.
- Pour it into a plate greased with Ghee.
- Let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares when still it’s warm.
- Cool it further for 30 minutes.
Magaj is ready to serve.