Puran Poli Gujarati Recipe …
- 200gm Yellow Gram / Pigeon Pea
- 100gm Jaggery
- 150gm Wheat Flour
- ½ Spoon Cardamom Powder
- 3-4 Saffron
- Boil Yellow Gram/Pigeon Pea in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain water using colander for 10-15 minutes.
- Now mix Jaggery and boiled Yellow Gram/Pigeon Pea till Jaggery melt into it.
- Add Cardmom Powder and Saffron.
- In a separate vessel heat this mixture until it becomes thick and soft.
- Continuously stir it to prevent over burning.
- Keep it aside.
- Now mix Wheat Flour, Ghee and Water and knead to create Roti Dough.
- Make equal sized balls to create a Roti of around 4 inch.
- Make Roti of around 4 inch size.
- Place prepared mixture in center of Roti.
- Cover mixture with Roti and seal it.
- Again carefully roll Roti of around 4 inch size.
- Roast on hot griddle till it turns golden brown on either side.
Apply Ghee all over it and SERVE.