Gujarati Recipe …
Dalwada (Dalvada) – Mung Dal Bhajiya
|Dalwada (Dalvada) Mung Dal Bhajiya (Pakoda)|
Ingredients for Dalvada batter
500gm Lentils (Mung Been)
50gm Black Lentils (Adad)
Ginger Paste or Shredded
Dozen Chopped Green Chilies
10 Chopped Garlic Buds
Pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
1 Tea Spoon Black Pepper (Powder)
Salt as per Taste
Oil to Fry
Sliced or chopped Onion
Dalwada is healthy and delicious food, eating in rainy season would be very much joyful experience.
Prepare Batter for Dalwada
- Mix Mung Lentils, Black Lentils and Rice in a bowl.
- Pour water in bowl so all mixture covered with water.
- Keep this Dalwada (Dalvada) mixture aside for about 6 hours.
- Now p
- artially crush this mix in a mixture so it becomes thick paste.
- Add Ginger paste, chopped Chilies, chopped Garlic buds, pinch of Asafetida, Black Pepper powder and Salt into it.
- Stir this mixture well, so all spices get mixed evenly with dalvada mixture.
- Pour Oil in a frying pan and boil over gas stove.
- Now put small dough of Dalwada mixture in frying pan and fry it.
- Take fried Dalwada out and pour more until you finished with mixture.
- Now cut the chilies parts and fry them in heated oil. Take them out of pan sprinkle salt on it.
- Serve them with sliced Oinon and fried chillies.
A testy and healthy Dalwada is ready to eat. I can’t wait for rain.